Search | Active Topics |

9 Pages «<56789>
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G StudentRate Member Discount Options · View
alexthemann
#121 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 1:00:57 PM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
Fleides wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I'm trying to get an everything data family plan 1500 minutes with 4 lines. When I go to the sprint discount page,it says I get the first 2 lines for $100 but each additional line is $19.99. I thought the 23% was off the entire bill and not just the first 2 lines. Can anyone clear this up?
The site should reflect the discounted rates on the plans.  Phoneguy -- do you have any ideas on the family plans.


http://consumerist.com/2...y-dumping-discounts.html

That should explain everything.
That explains it thank you Fleides.  I guess I can leave the forums alone now, now that members know more about our programs.
Fleides
#122 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 1:20:12 PM


Joined: 8/29/2010
Posts: 29
Points: 90
alexthemann wrote:
Fleides wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I'm trying to get an everything data family plan 1500 minutes with 4 lines. When I go to the sprint discount page,it says I get the first 2 lines for $100 but each additional line is $19.99. I thought the 23% was off the entire bill and not just the first 2 lines. Can anyone clear this up?
The site should reflect the discounted rates on the plans.  Phoneguy -- do you have any ideas on the family plans.


http://consumerist.com/2...y-dumping-discounts.html

That should explain everything.
That explains it thank you Fleides.  I guess I can leave the forums alone now, now that members know more about our programs.


For the most part, everyone knows almost everything they need to know about their plans, phone etc. Oh, quick question alex. When can I expect the discount to go through?
ipaq3115
#123 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 4:26:02 AM


Joined: 9/17/2010
Posts: 1
Points: 3
So if I am adding a line (4th) to my dad's family data share 1500 we will get a $50 credit to the account a $25 rebate a 23% discount on the two main phones and the charger and screen protector?
brazenspider
#124 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 5:00:30 AM


Joined: 9/7/2010
Posts: 1
Points: 3
Hi - I think I may end up getting a family plan with 4 lines.  I want an Epic, another wants an Evo, and the other two might not even want smart phones let alone the Epic or Evo.  In this circumstance would everyone on the family plan qualify for the discounted phone prices on the StudentRate Community Private Store?  If everyone wanted Epics or Evos would it be possible to get the free charger, rebate, and waived activation fee?  Or is there one rebate per family plan.  Thanks in advance - I know you are getting tons of questions about these deals.
weeziebug
#125 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 12:22:59 PM


Joined: 6/4/2010
Posts: 2
Points: 6
I don't understand why when I do the save50 it says my epic doesn't qualify, and I don't see where the car charger is credited.....why am I having trouble?
weeziebug
#126 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 12:39:15 PM


Joined: 6/4/2010
Posts: 2
Points: 6
Did anybody get this to work and did you see the save50 taken off? It doesn't for me, or charger credit. I didn't submit order because my total was $426!
sky502
#127 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:18:50 AM


Joined: 9/3/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
alexthemann
#128 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:01:06 PM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
sky502
#129 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:47:27 PM


Joined: 9/3/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
It was an upgrade. How do I find out if I got the discount?
sky502
#130 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:32:36 AM


Joined: 9/3/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
sky502 wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
It was an upgrade. How do I find out if I got the discount?
any1?
alexthemann
#131 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:04:04 AM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
sky502 wrote:
sky502 wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
It was an upgrade. How do I find out if I got the discount?
any1?

Sorry about the delay, if you want to make sure whether you have the upgrade or not just migrate your account again -- if you do not want to wait up until you see your next bill.  this way sprint will send you a confirmation email and you will lose some days from your contract (as it will be extended from today.  The get discounts option is the one on the sprint studentrate private store.  I dont know if this helps.
sky502
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:23:38 AM


Joined: 9/3/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
sky502 wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
It was an upgrade. How do I find out if I got the discount?
any1?

Sorry about the delay, if you want to make sure whether you have the upgrade or not just migrate your account again -- if you do not want to wait up until you see your next bill.  this way sprint will send you a confirmation email and you will lose some days from your contract (as it will be extended from today.  The get discounts option is the one on the sprint studentrate private store.  I dont know if this helps.
I'm sorry but I'm still very confused. I don't know what migrate your account means. I upgraded my sprint instinct to a samsung epic. I clicked a link on the studentrate website and it redirected me to the sprint private store. I signed in and purchased my upgrade but I forgot to enter a code because the instructions were very confusing. I also didn't realize that i had to send an email to studentrate with my info about the order. I received my phone yesterday and I activated it. I'm assuming since I forgot to enter a code and send an email to studentrate, I'm not currently under the studentrate discount. Is there anyway to fix this?
alexthemann
#133 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:37:06 AM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
sky502 wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
sky502 wrote:
alexthemann wrote:
sky502 wrote:
I clicked the link for the discount and I got the phone through the sprint website private store. I didn't enter any code or anything though. Was I supposed to get the discount? How can I verify if I got the monthly recurring discount?
what type of purchase is it, new, upgrade or did you just migrate your account.
It was an upgrade. How do I find out if I got the discount?
any1?

Sorry about the delay, if you want to make sure whether you have the upgrade or not just migrate your account again -- if you do not want to wait up until you see your next bill.  this way sprint will send you a confirmation email and you will lose some days from your contract (as it will be extended from today.  The get discounts option is the one on the sprint studentrate private store.  I dont know if this helps.
I'm sorry but I'm still very confused. I don't know what migrate your account means. I upgraded my sprint instinct to a samsung epic. I clicked a link on the studentrate website and it redirected me to the sprint private store. I signed in and purchased my upgrade but I forgot to enter a code because the instructions were very confusing. I also didn't realize that i had to send an email to studentrate with my info about the order. I received my phone yesterday and I activated it. I'm assuming since I forgot to enter a code and send an email to studentrate, I'm not currently under the studentrate discount. Is there anyway to fix this?
Hi - sorry about the confusion -- pls call us at 781-497-5178 and we can obtain your info and make sure your account is migrated.
twrex
#134 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:36:08 AM


Joined: 9/2/2010
Posts: 1
Points: 3
Hi there, I just went through a mock order to see what the prices would work out to be and the promo code (for the add'l $25 off) which was provided was not accepted. I got a message stating "The promotional code does not apply to any items in your shopping cart. Check the code and try again." the code was copied to my clipboard when I clicked the link to go to the studentrate store, and I even tried manually re-entering it, just to make sure and still had the same issue. Just wondering what's up with that?

I've also never switched carriers with an online order before, how does porting work when doing a switch with an online order?
alexthemann
#135 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:44:59 PM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
twrex wrote:
Hi there, I just went through a mock order to see what the prices would work out to be and the promo code (for the add'l $25 off) which was provided was not accepted. I got a message stating "The promotional code does not apply to any items in your shopping cart. Check the code and try again." the code was copied to my clipboard when I clicked the link to go to the studentrate store, and I even tried manually re-entering it, just to make sure and still had the same issue. Just wondering what's up with that?

I've also never switched carriers with an online order before, how does porting work when doing a switch with an online order?
The promo code for the $25 studentrate rebate and the car charger should be entered where it says the "company/association code"  if you went through a mock order you won't see this field up until you go through the credit check and ready to enter your payment information.  The initial field for Promo Code is only for the $50.00 account credit by Sprint.
lBassManl
#136 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:57:25 PM


Joined: 9/20/2010
Posts: 9
Points: 27
I noticed that when I go through the student discount link, select my phone (Epic 4g) and my data  plan (cheapest individual voice) it will give me the option of not choosing a data plan. Is it true that I can get the phone without data? That would be perfect for me.
alexthemann
#137 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:59:39 PM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
lBassManl wrote:
I noticed that when I go through the student discount link, select my phone (Epic 4g) and my data  plan (cheapest individual voice) it will give me the option of not choosing a data plan. Is it true that I can get the phone without data? That would be perfect for me.


I think the data plan is mandatory. double check the final page before you submit your order (where you enter your card info).
Sora
#138 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:23:53 PM


Joined: 8/19/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
So, Alex, we preordered the Epic4G and went through everything on this site and got our first bill today//yesterday.

Issue arises as we do not see the "$50.00 Credit to New Accounts" on the first bill.

Is this not going to be credited to our accounts as we were told? Or is this being sent in a check that comes with the 100$ new phone rebate?
alexthemann
#139 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:27:10 PM



Joined: 6/15/2009
Posts: 1,286
Points: 3,956
Location: Boston, MA
Sora wrote:
So, Alex, we preordered the Epic4G and went through everything on this site and got our first bill today//yesterday.

Issue arises as we do not see the "$50.00 Credit to New Accounts" on the first bill.

Is this not going to be credited to our accounts as we were told? Or is this being sent in a check that comes with the 100$ new phone rebate?

It should have hit the bill, pls send an email to sprint@studentrate.com with your name and account number so that we can have a look and help.  My guess is the order may have been rekeyed by Sprint.
Sora
#140 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:37:19 PM


Joined: 8/19/2010
Posts: 8
Points: 24
Well we found a -300$ with "Sales Error Adjustment", so that would be the 100$ for each of our three phones. So yes, I'll send an email regarding the last 50$.

Edit:
Actually, it says 50$ to new accounts/lines.  We have two students on this account, so would that mean we'd both be getting -50$ the bill totaling 100$?

So sorry about the confusion!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
9 Pages «<56789>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.551 seconds.